Sunday, April 4, 2010

Malaysia International Shoe Festival

It's not often that I get the opportunity to see a display of beautiful ladies' feet...err...I mean the things they wear on their feet when they go out of the house. I know them as shoes, just shoes which are meant to protect our feet or rather the sole of our feet from being eroded by gravels or stones or even the sand and earth on which we walk. But when the shoes cost a few hundred thousand ringgit, for ladies that is, I don't feel like calling them shoes anymore. Maybe "pedagems", for they put a lot of gemstones on the cover for the feet.

Today (Sunday afternoon), I went to the 4th floor of PWTC to see such a display ie. Malaysia International Shoe Festival. Wow, the crowd was overwhelming and I never knew why a shoe display could be that attractive until I saw what lady's shoes can be ...or become. I can't begin to describe them and so I'll just show some of the pedagems(err.. shoes) that I caught on camera. In the excitement I forgot that my phonecam was in video mode and so I made a short film showing some of the extravagent footwear, some tagged at RM380,000. Can you call them just shoes? Stop the tape if you want to gloat at some of the displays and the pricetags.

So, eat your heart out, ladies.... (Sorry, the short movie I made putting all the clippings together cannot be transferred to this blog due to some problems and I was asked to contact "support" to report the matter. I just don't know how. So, I'll put the clippings separately, You;ve to click each one of them to see the collections.)
This is a creation of the young artist. Not in production yet. The shoes look like scorpion to me.

This is also a concept shoe. Looks very threatening. You can break a football or other balls with it.

This is simply fantastic. Jimmy Choo's treasure. Look at the pricetag.

I love the red pair, noo the biege one, noooo... both! Never mind. Add an 'r' after the 'oo' and you can have it.

This is also fit for a princess. Look at the lady admiring it. Can dreamlah oi...RM380,000 man!

That's enough to make you crazy. Those shown in this blog can cost more than RM 2M. Eat your heart out, ladies.

9 comments:

abdulhalimshah said...

Sdr Norzah,
My wife said Cinderella pun takde kasut semahal itu. It is atrocious and ridiculously expensive because you can buy a house way above the low-cost.

norzah said...

Sdr Halim, to me only for the eyes lah. Dodi, the suave Supervisor at the shoe stall (or arcade since it is so elegant) told me some sales were already made. Someone bought a handbag costing RM20,000. Yayayayaiii....

Si Yoyop Bah... said...

Mahalnya...Ntah kumpul gaji berapa lama baru dpt beli satu...Mcm kasut2 ala fesyen Lady Gaga pulak.

norzah said...

Tulah, tak pernah ku sangka kasut lebih mahal dari rumah sederhana atau kereta Camry. Pakai batu berlian dikaki, nak jadi apa ya? Nak suruh org fokus kat situ agaknya. Herannya yg murah-murah sikit ( dlm sedribu dua) cantu juga cantiknya cuma takde batu geliga, hehe.

Si Yoyop Bah... said...

Hahaha...Hmm...tu utk org yg tlbh duit la tu.

kaykuala said...

Sdr Norzah,
You can't wear shoes that expensive without an equally expensive dress. Awesome!

norzah said...

True Kk, kalau kasut RM380,000 dress mesti dua tiga kali ganda harga kasut. Then you really become a walking millionaire, inviting people to knock you off
to get what you wear rather than what you have. Too much money just make people stark crazy while poverty makes people desperate.

rambomadonna said...

I love shoes... and was quite disappointed that couldn't make it to the Fest on Saturday. It's already my final week in my Lab so kena burn a lot of midnight oil.

norzah said...

Isy....ksiaaaan, Dah demam kena buat kerja keras plak...manalah masa nak watch the birds and the bees or join them. Bila sihat kerja lebih keras lagi...